Did you know that gum disease, also commonly referred to as periodontal disease, is a common, yet serious infection within your mouth attributed to the deterioration of your gum tissue? Gum disease can occur at any time and will progressively get worse over time. Listed below are a few common signs and symptoms linked to gum disease:
– Gum disease can result in swollen or red gums.
– Common signs of gum disease extreme sensitivity of your gum tissue and frequent bleeding, often around the teeth.
– Gum disease often causes your teeth to appear longer due to the tissue receding back away from the teeth.
– Persistent bad breath that frequently returns even after treatment could be an indication of gum disease.
– Loose teeth, wobbly teeth, or teeth that easily fall out, could be the result of gum disease.
– There are a few risk factors that greatly increase your chances of developing gum disease. This includes bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco, as well as dry mouth symptoms, which often exist as the result of medications you may be taking.
If you think you have gum disease, please call Twin Falls Family Dentistry so we can get you in to see Dr. Peter McPherson and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Greer, South Carolina, and we can be reached at 864-663-5019. We look forward to seeing you smile bright this season.